Pregnancy and Postpartum Counseling
Are you feeling alone on this new journey of navigating life after having a baby? Having thoughts that you’re a failure or not good enough as a parent? Are you having upsetting thoughts that you don’t want to share with anyone?
You don’t have to do it alone. It’s okay to not have it all together. We can walk this journey alongside you.
Our therapists also see pregnant women that are needing support with the many changes and complications that occur during pregnancy.
Below are common depression symptoms that can occur during pregnancy and up to one year postpartum:
- Feelings of anger or irritability
- Lack of interest in the baby or difficulty bonding
- Crying and sadness
- Feelings of guilt, shame, or hopelessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in things you used to enjoy, isolating from others
- Possible thoughts of harming the baby or yourself
Below are common anxiety symptoms that can occur during pregnancy and up to one year postpartum:
- Constant worry
- Feeling that something bad is going to happen
- Racing thoughts
- Disturbances of sleep and appetite
- Intrusive thoughts that are scary/upsetting
- Physical symptoms like dizziness, hot flashes, and nausea